CITY OF SILKIRK
Utility Operator job in Canada. Are you looking for a position as a Utility Operator job in Canada? CITY OF SILKIRK offers CAD 15-25 hourly for the Utility Operator position. Twenty minutes from Winnipeg, Selkirk is a thriving small community with a hometown atmosphere. Our close-knit community enjoys celebrating, learning, and exploring with excellent neighbors. In order to comply with provincial legislation, the Utility Operator is required to assume the duty of Operator In Charge on a rotating basis with other Utility Operator staff or as directed by the Utilities Manager.
- Utility Operator job
Salary for Utility Operator job:
- CAD 15-25 per hour
Job Responsibilities and Overview:
- Water treatment facility (WTP) and raw/treated water pumping system operation.
- Maintenance and operation of the STP’s primary machinery, including the UV disinfection system, decant lagoon, and pumping stations.
- Well maintenance and operation for the City’s domestic drinking water supply.
- Lift Stations for Collecting Wastewater in the City’s Sewer System.
- Maintenance of Pump Stations and Retention Ponds.
- Use a wide range of hand tools and smaller pieces of equipment common in healthcare settings.
- Maintain the infrastructure of all water and sewage treatment plants.
- Help repair crews from outside the treatment facility.
- Conduct standard inspections, light servicing, cleaning, and basic maintenance on the machinery in use.
- When operating City-owned equipment or property, operators are expected to keep the Manager and/or Mechanic apprised of any maintenance or safety issues.
- Help with the cleaning and shutting down of lime clarifiers.
Qualification/ About the Applicant
- Education through the 12th grade including Chemistry, Math, Physics, and Electrical Theory.
- Hold a Level III Water Treatment Plant Operator License from the Manitoba government (study for the necessary amount of time and pass the associated exam).
- Have completed the necessary coursework and examination to get a Level II Water Distribution
- Facility Operator certificate from the Province of Manitoba.
- Hold a Level II Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator License from the province of Manitoba (study for the required amount of time and pass the associated exam).
- Hold a Level II Wastewater Collection Facility Operator Certificate from the Province of Manitoba (study for and pass the necessary examination).
- The ability to serve as Operator in Charge on a rotating basis with other Utility Operators or at the direction of the Manager of Water/Wastewater Treatment Facilities is mandatory per Provincial
- Legislation Mandatory Certification Process.
- Experience working in a Water or Wastewater Treatment Facility for a minimum of four (4) years
- October 30, 2023
- To apply for this job position
- Please send your cover letter and resume through our online application method.
- Applicants can apply directly by clicking on apply button.
- Press the “Apply”
Follow the link https://www.mjobsnet.com/ to learn about other exciting job possibilities.
Place of Work