RESORTS OF THE CANADIAN ROCKIES
Ski Patrol job in Canada. Are you looking for a position as a Ski Patrol job in Canada? RESORT OF THE CANADIAN ROCKIES offers CAD 20-30 hourly for the Ski Patrol position. As a part of the Mountain crew, one of your primary responsibilities will be to repair and replace damaged sections of the safety b-netting that lines many of the routes utilized for alpine ski racing as directed by the Patrol Leader and Assistant Patrol Leader.
Assist with the upkeep of all additional safety features, including signage and smaller nets. Members of the mountain crew can help our avalanche crew with specific mitigation tasks, such as closing paths and ski cutting, if necessary. After learning how to use a toboggan, you can act as a second responder in the event of an accident and bring injured people to the patrol hut for additional care. We use Mountain Crew as a stepping stone to ski patrol the next year for those who want to join but lack the prerequisite experience.
- Ski Patrol job
Salary for Ski Patrol job:
- CAD 20-30 per hour
Job Responsibilities and Overview:
- Keeping all signs and smaller safety nets around the mountain in working order to deter accidents.
- In the event of a medical emergency, you can act as a second responder on the mountain or in the
- building, and you can also handle any lift-related crises.
- Avalanche mitigation operations under the watchful eye of the avalanche team and Patrol Leader.
- Maintaining a safe environment on the mountain by enforcing the RCR/Nakiska safety protocols on all visitors and employees.
Qualification/ About the Applicant
- Skiing expertise between intermediate and advanced levels, including on black diamond terrain.
- Needs to be physically fit.
- Competent in performing tasks without constant oversight.
- Capable of enduring long amounts of time outdoors in subzero temperatures.
- Capability to work well with others and multitask while under duress.
- You have an admirable dedication to your work and take great pride in your career.
- Participation in avalanche mitigation activities will necessitate completion of the Avalanche Skills
- Training 1 (AST 1) course, which is recommended but not required (this course may be accessible
- through ski patrol; please enquire at the time of application).
- Previous experience in a security or outdoor-related field is a major plus.
- Ropes courses, rescue courses, and other similar certifications are also highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the Nakiska Ski Resort is highly valued.
- October 30, 2023
- To apply for this job position
- Please send your cover letter and resume through our online application method.
- Applicants can apply directly by clicking on apply button.
- Press the “Apply”
Follow the link https://www.mjobsnet.com/ to learn about other exciting job possibilities.
Place of Work