THE SALVATION ARMY
Kitchen/Foodbank Helper job in Canada. Are you looking for a position as a Kitchen/Foodbank Helper job in Canada? THE SALVATION ARMY offers CAD 15-25 hourly for the Kitchen/Foodbank Helper position. The spiritual and social work of The Salvation Army is the responsibility of every employee. Good stewardship of resources is demonstrated by the Kitchen/Foodbank Helper as they assist the cook in preparing meals and aid in the procedures of collecting and processing donations to the Williams Lake Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants where required by law. Before submitting an application, internal applicants should inform their managing supervisor.
- Kitchen/Foodbank Helper job
Salary Kitchen/Foodbank Helper job:
- CAD 15-25 per hour
Job Responsibilities and Overview:
- Ability and willingness to conform one’s work to The Salvation Army’s
- Helps the kitchen supervisor prepare meals, especially special diet meals.
- Employ procedures proven effective in the food delivery industry
abide by guidelines on how to spend given
- In consultation with the kitchen manager, you may place orders for food and cooking equipment.
- Maintains order in the kitchen in the absence of the supervisor.
- Maintains a clean kitchen and utensils as
- Maintains basic records and writes up reports as required.
- Helps individuals and families get food hampers by guiding them through the admission procedure and providing the necessary services with empathy and competence.
- Collaboration with volunteers is encouraged and appreciated.
- Donated items are processed, including unloading, sorting, stowing, and loading.
- Prepares statistical reports and keeps track of donors and donations.
- Maintains stock levels per manager’s instructions.
- Commercial operation.
- Assigned tasks may include collecting and sorting commodities for emergency and disaster services, such as distributing clothing and food to families displaced by natural disasters like floods and fires.
- Assists in general cleanliness, snow removal, rubbish, and compost removal; works with team members to ensure the safety of the building (this includes light cleaning and reporting any
- necessary maintenance to the supervisor).
- Will take calls, accept donations, and respond to questions from the public according to Williams
- Lake Salvation Army procedures.
- Carry out other responsibilities in a similar vein.
Qualification/ About the Applicant
- Possessing exemplary morals in the service of customers and donors, such as the capacity to interact with the general public in a kind and accepting manner.
- Proven teamwork skills and an eagerness to take the lead independently are required.
- Possessing the stamina to stand for hours at a time.
- Possessing the flexibility to adjust to new situations and priorities quickly while maintaining productivity.
- Susceptibility to and regular engagement with
- Strength greater than 30 pounds
- accommodating of variety and irregularity
- the capacity to keep secrets
- Investigative History
- An obviously weak area
- A spotless driver
- Submission of our Praesidium Abuse Questionnaire Instruction and mandatory Safety and Health Procedures
- Successfully completing the Fit4Mission program
- November 30, 2023
- To apply for this job position
- Please send your cover letter and resume through our online application method.
- Applicants can apply directly by clicking on the apply button.
- Press the “Apply”
Follow the link https://www.mjobsnet.com/ to learn about other exciting job possibilities.
Place of Work